Important Owner News

Beginning in August, Indigo will now issue all revenue checks and JIB invoices out of INDIGO MINERALS LLC.  If you previously received multiple checks/invoices from Indigo entities you will now only receive one. Learn More

Royalty Owner Information

Here at Indigo, we believe that our relationship with our owners is extremely important. That’s why we task ourselves with providing the highest level of customer service in the industry. We strive to address your inquires in an accurate and timely manner. We feel that open, honest and transparent communication with our owners is imperative to building a strong and trusting relationship.

Owner Relations

Royalty Owner Inquiries:
Indigo Minerals LLC
Attn: Royalty Owner Dept
600 Travis, Suite 5500
Houston, Texas 77002

Royalty Owner Hotline: (713) 237-5033
Fax: (713) 238-5933

M-TH: 8am-5pm CST     FRI: 8am-12pm CST

Joint Interest Inquiries:
Joint Interest Remit to:
Indigo Minerals LLC
MSC #950
P.O. Box 4580 
Houston, Texas 77210-4580

Please allow 48 hrs. to receive a response to your inquiry.  

Quick Forms

Please note:  

If you choose to send in your information for *address change* via mail, email, or fax, please remember to include the following:

  • Old Address
  • New Address
  • Last four of TIN
  • Owner Number
Frequently Asked Questions

If you do not see the answers to your questions(s) in one of the boxes below, please direct your question to the royalty owner department. See address and phone number listed above.

How do I update my address?

Address changes must be received in writing and must be signed by the owner(s). Include your owner number, name, old address and new address, last 4 digits of your social security or tax identification number, and signature. Please use the Address Change Form provided here.

My name, or our companies name has changed. How do I update it?

Please provide us with a copy of the legal documentation supporting the changes, such as a recorded marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.

For a company change please provide a Certificate of Name Change including Tax ID. If the change is due to a merger please provide the Certificate of Merger including Tax ID.

Important - Please note:
For the security of our owners all address and/or name changes cannot be handled by telephone. A written request is required.

How do I set up, change, or terminate direct deposit?

For set up or change of bank information, please download and complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form. Send both the completed form and a voided check or copy thereof by mail, email or fax to Indigo Minerals LLC. When paid by direct deposit, statements will be available electronically via the link to our provider, EnergyLink’s website (See Owner Relations login). Paper statements are not available to owners paid by direct deposit.

For termination, please download and complete the Direct Deposit Termination Form.

How can I view my payment detail?

Indigo Minerals LLC provides access to view and print royalty payment check detail through our provider, EnergyLink’s website. Please have your most recent check stub available to complete the Owner Registration Process. Owner Relations Login

What if I don’t receive my revenue check?

Please allow 7-10 business days after the issue date to receive your royalty check. If you don’t receive a check within this time, please contact Indigo Minerals LLC at to request a replacement check; please allow 30 days for a replacement check to be issued.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen, or becomes outdated?

Please allow 10 business days to receive your check. If your check is lost or stolen, please contact Indigo Minerals LLC at to stop payment. If your check is outdated, void the check and mail it to Indigo Minerals LLC with a request to reissue.

Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?

Many factors may contribute to your payment such as market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, production volumes, and well downtime.

Why does my payment differ from others in my family?

This may occur because ownership between family members is not equal, one party has not provided Indigo Minerals LLC with a W-9, or some family members may own interest in other properties in addition to those commonly owned.

Additionally, if a family member has been in suspense or has had checks returned and reissued this can cause the monthly payment amount to vary.

In general the following will apply to ownership transfers:

All changes of ownership must be filed of record in the County/Parish where the property is located. 

Laws of agency preclude us from providing samples of conveyance documents for real property interests. However, you may contact an attorney, Legal Aid Society, or your local Bar Association for assistance in handling these matters.

All payees are required to provide a social security or tax identification number. In order to provide your tax identification number, please click on the W-9 form link to complete.

Once we have received all necessary documentation from you, please allow 60 days for us to process and complete your transfer.  

How do I transfer my interest?

Please forward a recorded copy of the applicable deed, assignment, or other legal instrument of conveyance, and any other information you feel is relevant to the transfer. Also, please include the new owner's mailing address with a completed W-9 form.

How do I transfer interest from a deceased owner?

Please see the following for what to submit based on your particular situation

Deceased Owner Died - Testate
(With a Will)

  • Copy of the Death Certificate 
  • Copy of Letters Testamentary If payments are to be issued to the Estate (please include Tax ID #, if applicable) 
  • Copy of Probated Will with Final Decree, Judgment of Possession and/or Order Admitting Will to Probate 
  • If deceased owner had a Will that was one of the following: – Probated in the county/parish of place of residence, but county/parish is not the location of the well OR – The Will was not admitted for probate. THEN a certified copy of the Will should be filed of record in the county/parish where the well is located.
  • Name, address, telephone number and completed W–9 Form for each heir/devisee. W-9 form.
  • A copy of any Trust Agreements, if applicable.

Deceased Owner Died - Intestate  (Laws of Descent and Distribution will apply as relevant) 
(Without a Will)

  • Please call the Royalty Owners hotline for further assistance.
How do I transfer my interest if there was a divorce?

Please forward a recorded copy of the applicable divorce decree including settlement agreement, recorded conveyances (if appropriate), and any other information you feel is relevant to the transfer. Also, please include the new owner's mailing address with a completed W-9 form.

What happens if we have filed bankruptcy?

Please submit the following based on your particular situation

Chapter 11

  • Plan of Reorganization
  • Order Confirming the Plan of Reorganization

Chapter 7 

  • Recorded conveyance (as appropriate)
  • Order Naming Trustee of Bankruptcy Estate
How do I transfer interests into or out of a Trust or submit a change in Trustee for a Trust?

Creation of Trust/Partnership
Provide the Trust or Partnership Agreement and, if appropriate, recorded document conveying the interest in a property to the Trust or Partnership.

Termination of Trust/Partnership
Provide the Dissolution of Trust or Partnership and, if appropriate, recorded conveyance to beneficiary.

Change in Trustee
Provide the instrument whereby the successor trustee was appointed.

Where do I send documents to have them recorded?

All conveyance and heirship documents must be filed of record with the county or parish where the property is located. Please contact the county clerk’s office for specific information regarding recording requirements such as fees and mailing address.


Why do I need to provide my social security or tax identification number?

A valid W-9 form must be provided to Indigo Minerals LLC for reporting and identification purposes. W-9 form.

When are 1099s issued?

1099 tax forms are issued according to federal requirements. Indigo Minerals LLC will mail 1099s on or before January 31 of the following calendar year

Will I receive a 1099 each year?

For royalty payments amounting to an annual payment of $10 and above, and working interest annual payments greater than $600, a 1099 will be provided.


Where can I get information on the value of my mineral rights?

Indigo Minerals LLC cannot suggest a value for an owner's mineral interest.


More About Us